Tuesday 15 May 2012

Introducing myself!

Hi!  So glad you stopped by!  My name is Ang and I am on a MISSION to help families eat a more nutritious, natural whole food diet!  I gave up sugar (even CHOCOLATE!!), coffee and all refined processed foods a few months ago and I am endeavoring to feed my family (hubby and our 5 kids aged 2, 4, 6, 11 & 12) a natural, whole food diet on a very modest single-income budget.  We live in urban Auckland, New Zealand.


A little about what I do...


I buy our milk RAW from the dairy farmer, I make our bread (whole rye sourdough) and pretty much cook/prepare most things from scratch at home.  Now, if you are a long way from this in your home, please don't feel overwhelmed or discouraged!  The way to go is to slowly transition to a healthier diet by adding one thing or habit at a time and getting everyone used it...unless of course you're like me and get a bit passionate (or obsessive!) and jump right in the deep end practically overnight!!  Also, you can expect to encounter a little resisitance (especially if you have older children), but don't give up, you will get there in the end.  Baby-steps!


A few things I LOVE...


Green Smoothies!  I whip up yummy (yes YUMMY!) smoothies with leafy greens (spinach, silverbeet, spirulina, chlorella etc) and lots of fruit to make sure I get lots of raw in my diet.  I like to add Hemp Protein Powder and Extra Virgin Coconut Oil to mine for lots of extra goodness.


Exercising!  Not that I get as much time for this as I might like, but you will often find me sweating it out on the stationary bike or walking and running around our neighbourhood in the mornings.  I also love Winsor Pilates DVDs.  Exercise does more than just get you fit...it is also the best stress-relief activity I know and I always feel so much better afterwards!  Remember, starting is the hardest thing...once you really get going, you will miss it on the days you don't do it, at least I do!


I plan to add a lot of recipes and health boosting ideas and information on this blog, so if you are interested in all this stuff, please stop by again!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh and does anyone know how to make the text NORMAL size...above, apparently, is normal size, but small, was too small!

    ReplyDelete